Alan Abergel, Esq., is the firm’s CEO and Managing Attorney. Mr. Abergel received his Jurisprudence Doctorate (J.D.) degree from the top tier University of Maryland School of Law, where he concentrated his studies on corporate, real estate, and financial markets law. Mr. Abergel received his B.A degree (Mass Communications/Radio Broadcasting major and Political Science minor) from Towson University, Maryland and graduated summa cum laude.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mr. Abergel engaged in many business ventures in the U.S. and internationally, in which Mr. Abergel was responsible for many aspects of business including, accounting, taxation, finance, marketing, management, and logistics. Mr. Abergel was formerly employed by several boutique and large law firms in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles and has obtained civil litigation, securities, business, tax, bankruptcy, and intellectual property law experience.
As a former in house counsel for AS Holdings and its affiliated ventures, a Los Angeles based real estate development, holdings, and private equity company, conducting business in the United Stated and internationally, Mr. Abergel has obtained substantial experience in M&A transactions, corporate transactions, zoning proceedings, real estate transactions, equity and debt financing transactions, lending & financial services transactions, and due diligence.
Mr. Abergel is admitted to the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of California, the U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, U.S. District Court Central District of California, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California.
Mr. Abergel lives with his wife and two children in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Hobbies include listening to music, playing guitar and drums, weight lifting, and martial arts.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Jurisprudence Doctorate (JD), 2004.
- Towson University, Maryland, BA, 2001.
- Ramat-Gan College: Tax Advising and Accounting program certificate. (similar to a US Enrolled Agent program), 1995.
State Bar Admission:
- California State Bar Admission, 2005
- Texas State Bar Admission, 2020.
Federal Court Admission:
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
Native or bilingual proficiency
Native or bilingual proficiency
Dallas Bar Association
- Mergers & Acquisitions Section
- Real Property Law Section
- Securities Section
Tarrant County Bar Association
- Real Estate Section
Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Business & Corporations Law section
- Real Property section
American Bar Association-Section of Business Law
- Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee
- Banking Law Committee
- Consumer Financial Services committee
Texas State Bar
- Section of Business Law.
- Section of Real Estate law
- Section of Oil, Gas & Energy Resources.
California State Bar
- Consumer Financial Services Committee, Section of Business Law.
- Financial Institutions Committee, Section of Business Law.
You must be logged in to post a comment.