TEXAS CRAFTED PRECIOUS METALS DEALERS (CPMD) LAWYER
Alan Abergel is an attorney licensed by both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California.
As defined in Chapter 1956 of the Texas Occupations Code, a crafted precious metal dealer is a person registered to engage in the business of purchasing and selling precious metal items, except for: coins, bars, commemorative medallions, or items that the dealer purchases for 105% or more of scrap value. Anyone operating as a crafted precious metal dealer in the State of Texas must register with the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner (OCCC). There are certain exceptions and exclusions to the registration requirements.
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING LEGAL SERVICES TO TEXAS CPMDs:
- Assistance with OCCC registration and renewals.
- Representation of Texas CPMDs in compliance with Texas and federal laws and regulations, including OCCC, FTC, and FINCEN regulations.
- Representation in investigations, administrative procedures, inspections, and audits OCCC, FTC, and FINCEN.
- Provide advice to Texas CPMDs to comply with Texas and federal laws and regulations, including OCCC, FTC, and FINCEN regulations.
- Draft anti money laundering programs (AML) and provide AML-BSA compliance advice top Texas CPMFs.
- Provide legal opinion concerning whether or not a Texas CPMD registration is required for certain business models.
- We do not represent consumers. We only represent Texas CPMDs.