TEXAS CREDIT ACCESS BUSINESS LICENSE LAWYER
Texas payday loan license. Texas auto title loan license.
Alan Abergel is an attorney licensed by both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California.
Credit access businesses (CAB) obtain credit for a consumer from an independent third-party lender in the form of a deferred presentment transaction or a motor vehicle title loan, more commonly referred to as “payday loans” or “title loans.” The credit access business charges a fee to the consumer for obtaining the third-party loan; this fee is usually calculated as a percentage of the loan amount. The borrower will sign a promissory note with the lender for the actual loan and a separate credit service agreement with the credit access business. Generally, all documents are signed at the credit access business location and payments are made directly to the credit access business.
Texas CABs are licensed and regulated by Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner (OCCC), and are also regulated by other Texas and federal government agencies.
LEGAL SERVICES THE LAW OFFICES OF ALAN ABERGEL, P.C. (“LOAA”) PROVIDES:
- Assistance with obtaining a Texas Credit Access Business License and with license application requirements.
- Assistance with transfer of a Texas Credit Access Business License.
- Assistance with Texas CSO Registration and compliance.
- Advice concerning compliance with Texas consumer lending laws for OCCC licensees.
- Advice concerning compliance for Texas auto title lenders, payday lenders, and consumer secured and unsecured installment lenders.
- Advice concerning State and Federal Lending Laws
- Drafting of loan documents
- Unsecured & secured lending laws
- Representation before CFPB.
- Representation in OCCC investigations, administrative hearings, and enforcement proceedings.
- Representation in investigations by CFPB.
- M&A transactions involving Texas CABs and other OCCC licensees.
- Private securities offering transactions and PPMs involving Texas CABs and other OCCC licensees.