TEXAS DEBT MANAGEMENT AND SETTLEMENT PROVIDERS LAWYER
Alan Abergel is an attorney licensed by both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California.
Debt Management and Settlement Providers include 2 sets of activities:
- Consumer credit counseling services
- Debt negotiators
“Debt management service” means a service in which a provider obtains or seeks to obtain a concession from one or more creditors on behalf of a consumer. “Consumer” means an individual who resides in this state and seeks a debt management service or enters a debt management service agreement.”Provider” means a person that acts as an intermediary between a consumer and one or more creditors and that provides or offers to provide a debt management service to a consumer in this state. The business of providing debt management services is conducted in this state if the debt management services provider solicits or contracts with consumers located in this state. A person, regardless of whether located in this state, may not provide a debt management service to a consumer in this state unless the person is registered with the OCCC. “Person” means an individual, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, association, or organization.
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING LEGAL SERVICES TO TEXAS DEBT MANAGEMENT AND SETTLEMENT PROVIDERS:
- Assistance with OCCC registration and renewals.
- Representation of providers in compliance with Texas and federal consumer credit laws and regulations, including OCCC and CFPB regulations.
- Representation in investigations, administrative procedures, inspections, and audits OCCC and CFPB.
- Drafting of debt management service agreements, disclosures, and other required legal documents, in compliance with Texas and federal consumer credit laws and regulations, including OCCC and CFPB regulations.
- We do not represent consumers. We only represent Texas Debt Management and Settlement Providers.