Texas mergers and conversions lawyer.
Alan Abergel is an attorney licensed by both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar California.
We also provide California corporate, M&A, and securities laws services.
Under the Texas Business Organizations Code (TBOC), a “fundamental business transaction” is a merger, interest exchange, conversion, or sale of all or substantially all of an entity’s assets. A “merger” is defined by the TBOC to mean:
(1) the division of a domestic entity such as a for-profit corporation into two or more new domestic entities or other organizations or into a surviving domestic entity and one or more new domestic or foreign entities; or
(2) the combination of one or more domestic entities with one or more domestic or foreign entities resulting in: (a) one or more surviving domestic or foreign entities; (b) the creation of one or more new domestic or foreign entities; or
(c) one or more surviving domestic or foreign entities and the creation of one or more new domestic or foreign entities.
Some entity types, foreign (out of state formed) or domestic (TX formed) are allowed per the TBOC to convert into or merge with a Texas formed company.
Services provided by the LAW OFFICES OF ALAN ABERGEL, P.C.:
- Mergers of domestic or foreign business entities and companies with Texas companies.
- Conversions of domestic or foreign business entities and companies into Texas companies.
- Formation of Texas companies including LLCs, for-profit corporations, Limited Partnerships, Professional Corporations, and PLLCs.
- Registration of foreign out of state companies in Texas as foreign companies.
- Interest exchange transactions.
- Asset and equity sale transactions.
- Drafting of applicable legal documents such as plan of merger, conversion, and exchange; corporate resolutions; drafting and filings of certificates of mergers with Texas and foreign states’ government agencies.
- Mergers and acquisitions transactions, including short form and more complex types of mergers.
- Securities laws issues.
Call a Dallas-Fort Worth corporate lawyer to discuss your company’s merger, conversion, or exchange plan.