TEXAS REGULATED LENDER LICENSE LAWYER
Alan Abergel is an attorney licensed by both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California.
Regulated consumer loans are made at rates of interest greater than 10%. Non-depository lenders who engage in making, transacting, or collecting loans with a rate of interest greater than 10% must be licensed by the Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner (OCCC). The most common types of regulated loans are made under one of two rate structures described in Chapter 342 of the Texas Finance Code.
LEGAL SERVICES THE LAW OFFICES OF ALAN ABERGEL, P.C. (“LOAA”) PROVIDES:
- Assistance with obtaining a Texas Regulated Lender License and with license application requirements.
- Assistance with transfer of a Texas Regulated Lender License.
- Advice concerning compliance with Texas consumer lending laws for OCCC licensees.
- Advice concerning compliance for Texas motor vehicle lenders, payday lenders, and consumer secured and unsecured installment lenders.
- Advice concerning State and Federal Lending Laws
- Drafting of loan documents
- Unsecured & secured lending laws
- Representation before CFPB.
- Representation in OCCC investigations, administrative hearings, and enforcement proceedings.
- Representation in investigations by CFPB.
- M&A transactions involving Texas Regulated Lenders and other OCCC licensees.
- Private securities offering transactions and PPMs involving Texas Regulated Lenders and other OCCC licensees.